Monday, January 5, 2015

05.01.15 -- HOOD, New Years

It's a bit late for new years now, but I'll wish you all one anyway.

To get started with, let's talk about my tablet issues. I recently recieved a Huion H610 Pro, but I've been struggling to make it work ever since. It's huge and awkward to use, the drivers don't install properly and compared to my last two tablets, it lags pretty bad on my computer, which is bad when you're drawing. I don't think I'll keep it, rather, I'll save up a bit of training funds to purchase another Intuous. It will be small, but at least it's reliable and comfortable to use.

Secondly, I've been working a lot more on HOOD recently. Today alone, I managed to write out a big portion of the main common route; two battles are already written out, and a third one is already under way. I'll end up adding and subtracting things here and there when I go to write in the choices to get you on a route, but over all it's looking pretty good. A bit predictable, but good.

I want to try and work with making 3D models of the characters in low poly, and am experimenting with rigging right now, which for some reason I can never get right. Perhaps I'll find someone to help me program such a battle system into the game; for story purposes, I don't believe these gameplay segments will be optional. You most likely will not be able to skip them.

What I envisioned for such gameplay would be that Ribbon gets a total of 4 "Dolls"; essentially, creatures to fight for her. You give the command for them to fight. There isn't any level-up system in-game planned, however, so gameplay will be reduced to tactics alone. For example, fighting against one person with a certain Doll might yield better than fighting using a different doll. It might end up difficult to do in the end, but I imagine we will probably program the AI to always use a set plan when attacking instead of leaving it up to a randomized plan. Saving before battles will probably be a pop-up as well, just in case.

With the new year, I hope to keep working hard and get progress done, no matter where it is or what it is. I wish everyone the best as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment