Saturday, December 20, 2014

20/12/14 -- Concept Ramblings, MG

I've been toying with the idea to change the setting/atmosphere for Maiden Gray from a dying world to more of a cyberpunk style world.

Originally, the plan was to have a lot of desert-like areas, dried, cracked patches of land, hardly any green outside of some forests. Everything was supposed to be a sort of "struggling to live economically" type of world, so there were lots of little villages that survived off the land, and everything was located sparely apart. Towns would be very far apart, and hardly anyone would live outside of these town patches. I wanted a lot of ancient ruin type things in the form of old gas stations and buildings, but I'm not entirely sure that will work.

Quick concept art of the White Capital, and the surrounding (barren) area.


Maiden Gray is set in a far future, and the technology in that future is revolutionary and advanced. There is economic downfall outside of the Capital City and the larger cities, so a gritty type of world might work.
I don't want to fall into the area of cyborgs and augmentations, because that's technically what a Parasite is -- an augmentation in biological form. I guess I'd say that the technology would be shown mostly for weapons and security, as well as hacking and the internet in the setting, as opposed to rogue robots going willy nilly.

I suppose what I'm trying to say here is, the vast uninhabited and dried up land concept is driving me a bit nutty and I wouldn't mind to change it a bit so that the cities were larger, had more highways connecting them, etc. It's a bit difficult to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment