Tuesday, April 22, 2014

22/04 - Maiden Gray Concept Talk

No art right now, I'm working on a sketch of one of the boys, though, for later/tomorrow/sometime in the future.

Today, I just wanted to talk a tiny bit about what I envisioned for the game itself, without revealing too much.

Maiden Gray is going to be a bit complex. I'll state that early. It's not as simple as your run-of-the-mill OELVNs, and it's certainly not a teenage girl romance simulator. Don't come in expecting that. Do not come in expecting fluffiness, or a plot revolving around romance itself - that's a secondary feature, if I had to call it something.

The main theme that we're keeping in mind here is the word "assumptions". That's what the game itself picks up on and revolves around, is the average player's assumptions, when most times, you won't be able to predict what will happen. For example, there will be times when the player might say, "I don't see how that's bad", but it will be an assumption that the "good" part is actually good. It's not. It's super not.

It's so difficult to try and explain this without spoiling much of the plot, I want it to be an entertaining read that catches interest, and spoiling the details and truth would destroy the fibers of what holds it together. I'll just say that I'm keeping a very close eye on the script and art, and making sure certain things are there and other certain things aren't, so that only the most observant can actually decipher the truth before it's given to you in the True Route.

No comments:

Post a Comment