Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Back for a while, Misc. Project Details/Announcements

Still no tablet, friends. Money's been real short, I'm even considering setting up a Kickstarter for Maiden Gray just so that I can get at least a little bit, just enough to get my tools back. Maybe a donation pool would be feasible, but I'm really not sure how many people would willingly donate, not to mention that this thing isn't well known at all, and I don't have a Paypal to accept money into.

But I digress. I've been tapping at the scripts for Maiden Gray and Hood steadily. About 25% is done for Maiden Gray, and Hood is about 15%. As well, I've been tinkering away at a personal project for a long while now, upwards of about a year (ish?) that isn't an otomege, but is along the same lines as one. It's more of a VN staring a female protagonist, a mute woman come back from the dead to seek revenge on the King of the country. The setting is sort of medieval fantasy, but it's a bit modern? It's hard to explain, the protagonist's design is kind of the style of the game. What I have so far is pretty dark and might be considered "edgy", so I'll have to tone it down some, I suppose. It's pretty difficult writing a serious protagonist that doesn't speak in a VN, because you can only really convey her thoughts, which can seem pretty tryhard at times. There's a lot of murder and gruesome content thus far. I want to keep those aspects up, at least.

Even though I can't actively draw sprites, I can write, which is a godsend in these trying times. I know the whole "don't take all these projects on to your plate" thing is a common taboo in this industry, but even so, with these things getting chipped away at slowly, it's more of a leisure thing that I'm sure will succeed, even if it means getting finished five years into the future. I'm on no deadline, I do this for fun.

I leave you with art of the protag of the unnamed VN, done at different times prior to now. Try to guess which one's more recent?



No comments:

Post a Comment