Thursday, May 8, 2014

09/05 - Maiden Gray Concept Art, Sword Update

I decided to redo Mila's sword, since it seemed a little bit clunky, and because I'm not entirely sure she could wield it properly.

The new sword retains a similar handle scheme, but the blade itself is a lot more refined. It's not as "buster sword" styled as the old one.

I made a quick mock-up in Blender as a proper reference, since weapon sketching isn't my strong point:
Sword on it's side, not refined; the blade bit is really rough and blocky.


Visual of the handle/grip/whathaveyou. There's a latch of sorts that isn't displayed too well here because I'm not great with Blender's render function.
 
The sword as it is now has a lot more depth and thought to it. I might UV texture it later on, but I'm terrible with UV maps.

Mila is meant to carry a larger-than-normal sword with her, it's her "thing", you might say, but she's still a woman and she does have her limits. She's not overly muscular, so we're stretching it right now, but I like to think that her Pact gives her extra strength as well. I might add something to her design so that she has a sheathe on her back, or something to that extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment